Nexcelom Bioscience LLC is a developer and marketer of image cytometry products for cell analysis in life science and biomedical research. Products range from cell viability counters (Cellometer) to high throughput microwell image cytometry workstations (Celigo), used in thousands of research laboratories in academic institutes and biotech companies. The company contributes to the life science industry through innovation and expertise in the science of cell counting.
Seeking well-trained scientist who is technically strong, to collaborate with and support sales representatives, give demonstrations and technology seminar, install instruments, and provide in-field technical support and customer service. Must be willing to roll up sleeves to help customers set up experiments, and have the drive and ability to network and make connections to identify prospects and propagate Nexcelom technology and products. The territory is the Bay Area of California.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES / ACTIVITIES
- Conduct product demonstrations at customer sites and remotely
- Perform instrument installation and train customers remotely and at customer sites
- Present Nexcelom technology and applications in various scientific seminars and conferences
- Collaborates with sales rep for local prospecting activities
- Collaborate with sales reps and customers to resolve product issues
- Participate in national and regional trade show activities
- Collect feedback from the field and document info to improve Nexcelom products
- Generate technical demonstration reports as well as customer interaction memos
- Keep good records of technical report and customer interaction information
- Attend company organized internal and external technical training, sales skill training, and career development training
- Candidates must have strong communication skills with the ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Experience with cell biology, cell culture, and cell-based assay development is required
- Expertise in the following areas is considered a plus: fluorescent chemistry, protein chemistry, as well as hand-on experience with fluorescence microscopy and flow-cytometry technology
- Computer software experience in image and data analysis and experimental results interpretation is preferred
- Working experience in biology labs
- Familiarity with biological material and safety protocols
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- The ability to problem solve is a must
- Previous experience as a field application scientist or in a customer-facing role is highly preferred.
- This listing is for a field application scientist to cover the Bay Area of California
- The candidate would ideally be based in the Bay Area for ease of travel.
- Travel to other states as needed for business development and team building activities
- Overnight travel is approximately 50-70%. Overnight travel approximately 20%.
- Mileage on a personal vehicle will be reimbursed and a company credit card can be used for other travel expenses
- PhD with research experience in cell biology, immunology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or related field
No Recruiters or solicitors, please
Nexcelom is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against an applicant or employee because of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.
The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.