Headquartered in Lawrence, MA, Nexcelom Bioscience LLC is a manufacturer of innovative Cellometer®, Cellaca™ MX, and Celigo® image cytometry products for cell analysis. Nexcelom’s solutions automate time-consuming procedures, enabling scientists to focus less on the process and more on the research results.
The Field Service Engineer’s duties are wide-ranging and include: Maintenance, repair and calibration of Nexcelom products principally at customer sites and at Nexcelom facilities or other locations as needed. Provides technical support directly to customers via remote support (Email phone etc). Collaborating with team members to find innovative solutions and provide technical expertise. The successful candidate must be responsive to the needs of customers and colleagues, comfortable communicating technical issues to lab managers and scientists. and is passionate about Field Service Engineering. This individual can thrive in a dynamic work environment with multifunctional teams as well as function independently and must be able to meet time-sensitive deadlines in addition to being adaptable to rapidly changing priorities.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES / ACTIVITIES
- Perform service activities, including product maintenance, repair, calibration and installation of equipment
- Conduct debugging and root cause failure analysis
- Document activities
- Actively represent Service department on product development and technical support teams
- Recommend product improvements based on internal and field experiences
- Expected travel up to approximately 60%. Primarily the continental US with occasional international travel, typically on short notice.
- Abide by Nexcelom policies and procedures
- 2-year degree or equivalent in an engineering discipline
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with computers and computer hardware, experience with Windows-based operating systems
- Ability to debug electromechanical systems and to conduct root cause failure analysis
- Experience working in a traveling/servicing role
- Knowledgeable using test equipment such as Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, Micrometers etc.
- Strong ability and proven track record of problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively with teams to accomplish organizational goals
- Can expect to occasionally lift objects up to 60 lbs.
No Recruiters or solicitors please
Nexcelom is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against an applicant or employee because of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.