Manufacturing Engineering Lead
Nexcelom Bioscience LLC is a developer and marketer of image cytometry products for cell analysis in life science and biomedical research. Products range from cell viability counters (Cellometer) to high throughput microwell image cytometry workstations (Celigo), used in thousands of research laboratories in academic institutes and biotech companies. The company contributes to the life science industry through innovation and expertise in the science of cell counting.
Nexcelom Bioscience has an immediate opening for a Manufacturing Engineer Lead, based at corporate headquarters in Lawrence, Massachusetts. Reporting to the Head of Production the Lead will Support production lines across consumable high volume and instrument low volume production lines. Provide in-process and root cause failure analysis, implementing and maintaining lean principles, supporting released products by either replacing obsolete parts or recommending manufacturing improvements,
PRINCIPLE DUTIES / ACTIVITIES
- Serve as the primary support for all manufacturing production related issues
- Provide sustaining engineering on all current product as it relates to end of life and quality improvements
- Leads a small team of Engineering technicians serving as a subject matter expert, mentor and coach
- Write production documentation to support production process per ISO standard
- Setting up and improving production lines for new and improved products
- Improve production quality through design and manufacturing equipment
- Manage NCMR’s and open box RMA’s to define root cause failure and develop a permanent, cost effective solution
- Establish test methods for new processes to increase efficiency and maximize throughput.
- Develop and perform testing on production instruments to understand root cause failure
- Liaison with Quality Assurance, NPI team, Supply Chain Specialist, and Manufacturing Team/Group Leader
- Collaborate with R&D Engineering to design and test tooling
- Support and train production technicians and operators on production procedures and processes
- Support supply chain in resolving technical related issues
- Requires a Bachelors in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering. Masters preferred and/or equivalent work experience
- 7 to 10 years of experience in the biotech industry working with electro mechanical and optical products
- 1-2 Years as a lead, coach or mentor in a manufacturing environment required
- Able to debug mechanical and electromechanical systems
- Experience managing large and small project from concept to delivery
- A comprehensive understanding of ISO 9001as it relates to product development and manufacturing
- Proficient with parametric modeling using Autodesk Inventor or equivalent; Strong knowledge in 2D and 3D CAD
- Knowledgeable designing with sheet metal, plastics, milled and turned parts
- Experience designing shipping boxes and testing to industry standard
- Able to apply GD&T to part drawings in order to ensure proper part fit up
- In depth knowledge and experience of Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (DFMEA), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- Extensive knowledge in DFA, and DFM concepts
- Proficient in all aspects of Microsoft Office (word, excel, and power point)
- A general understanding of embedded computer systems
- Resourceful, comfortable communicating technical issues, understands a sense of urgency as it relates to production and able to multi task between multiple projects and operational needs.
- Able to thrive in a dynamic work environment with multifunctional teams as well as function independently and must be able to meet time sensitive deadlines in addition to being adaptable to rapidly changing priorities.
No Recruiters or solicitors please
Nexcelom is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against an applicant or employee because of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.