Nexcelom Bioscience LLC is a developer and marketer of image cytometry products for cell analysis in life science and biomedical research. Products range from cell viability counters (Cellometer) to high throughput microwell image cytometry workstations (Celigo), used in thousands of research laboratories in academic institutes and biotech companies. The company contributes to the life science industry through innovation and expertise in the science of cell counting.
The Manufacturing Engineering Manager will supervise the manufacturing engineering team and quality control functions to lead projects, manage effective utilization of capital and drive overall continuous improvement of Nexcelom’s production lines. This role will lead, mentor and develop a team of Engineers and technicians to achieve breakthrough results. You will develop, implement, and audit methods and manufacturing processes to reduce product cost, increase productivity and capacity, and improve quality.
- Lead the Manufacturing Engineering and Quality Control departments to ensure all manufacturing and quality control requirements are met on time for customer delivery (inbound and outbound)
- Liaison between Product Development and Production ensuring that release, training, and support are effective and efficient
- Drive project timelines and deliverables to meet or exceed internal metrics.
- Lead all special/custom product requests
- Provide sustaining engineering on all current product as it relates to end of life and quality improvements
- Evaluate and solve production problems related to mechanized equipment, including troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining manufacturing equipment.
- Design and layout of high and low volume production lines for optimization
- Partner with logistics and production team members to produce the highest quality product
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously to project budget while measuring ROI of capital equipment
- Responsible for providing preventative maintenance and ensuring all production equipment continues to operate with no down time while maintaining spare parts list
- Determine root cause failure of all open box RMA and warranty product and work with team to develop a permanent, cost effective solution
- Identify cost optimization opportunities in all areas of product and across our various production lines
- Support production with all technical related product or process issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering required, Master’s degree preferred.
- 8 years’ experience in manufacturing environment and 3 to 5 years’ experience in managing people
- Experience leading a team in an ISO 9001:2015 company required.
- Strong knowledge in 2D and 3D CAD and also knowledgeable in GD&T
- Demonstrated leadership, mentoring and team development skills
- Strong, disciplined background in project management
- Knowledgeable in lean manufacturing
- Ability to manage a variety of cross functional team members
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- In depth knowledge and experience of Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (DFMEA), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
Nexcelom is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against an applicant or employee because of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.
The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.