Nexcelom Bioscience LLC is a developer and marketer of image cytometry products for cell analysis in life science and biomedical research. Products range from cell viability counters (Cellometer) to high throughput microwell image cytometry workstations (Celigo), used in thousands of research laboratories in academic institutes and biotech companies. The company contributes to the life science industry through innovation and expertise in the science of cell counting.
The R&D Research Associate position consists of mammalian cell culture, running reagent and instrument development experiments as well as be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the application laboratory.
- Mammalian cell culture
- Maintain the daily operations of the applications lab this includes but is not limited to inventory management
- Develop a DOE (design of experiment) and carry out testing of various reagents on multiple different image cytometry platforms
- Produce test procedures, test reports, and SOPs based on the conducted experiments
- Acquiring and cataloging scientific knowledge to better understand our customer community
- Minimum a B.S. degree in biological sciences such as biology, microbiology, biochemistry, chemistry, life sciences or related field plus 2 years of industry experience
or A M.S. degree in biological sciences such as biology, microbiology, biochemistry, chemistry, life sciences or related field
- Computer Literacy: required computer skills required; PPT, Word, and Excel
- Experience working in an R&D laboratory is a plus
- Be familiar with fluorescent microscopy and/or image cytometry
- Detail oriented, strong communication skills, organization skills, problem solving skills, and team player
No Recruiters or solicitors please
Nexcelom is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against an applicant or employee because of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or status.