Nexcelom Bioscience LLC is a developer and marketer of image cytometry products for cell analysis in life science and biomedical research. Products range from cell viability counters (Cellometer) to high throughput microwell image cytometry workstations (Celigo), used in thousands of research laboratories in academic institutes and biotech companies. The company contributes to the life science industry through innovation and expertise in the science of cell counting.
This full-time position is for a PhD level scientist in the Advanced Technology R&D Department. The successful candidate will bring experience in scientific research with expertise in performing cell-based and biomolecular assays. Operating in a nimble and dynamic environment, the R&D Scientist will be responsible for working with current or potential customers for new assay and application development using Nexcelom’s image cytometry systems, consumables, and reagents. This role will also be involved in product, assay, and application development for novel image cytometry systems. In addition, the R&D Scientist will work in collaboration with academic and industry labs to generate data for scientific conference presentations, posters, and publications. Report to Head of Advanced Technology R&D. Boston area based.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES / ACTIVITIES
- Work in customer labs to develop assays and applications by utilizing Nexcelom products to develop new assays and applications
- Work with collaborators, publish joint papers, develop leadership posters, conference work, conference presentations, and marketing opportunities such
- Develop leadership content mutually beneficial (publications) highlights the scientist’s research and Nexcelom’s product
- Demonstrate applicability of our instruments, consumables and reagents
- Support customers by troubleshooting from an R&D perspective
- Develop new cell-based assays and applications using image cytometry systems, consumables, and reagents
- Work with engineering and software department for developing novel image cytometry systems and applications
- Collaborate with academic, industry and government labs to develop novel cell-based assays using image cytometry
- Routinely support field activities training customers
- Collaborate with different departments internally to set up biological experiments and test new equipment and consumables for next generation development
- Set up assays and experiments to design 3D scaffolds for Nexcelom’s internal research
- The Ph.D. scientist will have a biology cell biology, molecular biology, cancer biology, bioengineering background and have experiences in assay development
- 1- 2 years’ experience working as a Post Doc
- 4+ years of research experience
- Experience writing proposals
- Experience in 2D and 3D cell-based assays, cancer biological assays, biomolecular assays, and fluorescence-based assays
- Experience in microscopy systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Experience in image cytometry is a preferred
- Oral and writing communication is very important
- Self-starter, able to work independently and be innovative.
- Multidisciplinary and able to work with multiple labs with a variety of assays
No Recruiters or solicitors please
Nexcelom is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against an applicant or employee because of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.