Headquartered in Lawrence, MA, close to Boston’s biotech hub, Nexcelom Bioscience LLC is a developer and marketer of image cytometry products for cell analysis in life science and biomedical research. Products range from cell viability counters (Cellometer) to high throughput microwell image cytometry workstations (Celigo), used in thousands of research laboratories in academic institutes and biotech companies. The company contributes to the life science industry through innovation and expertise in the science of cell counting.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Nexcelom Bioscience is seeking an experienced Territory Sales Manager with a biology background to drive instrument sales growth, develop new business opportunities and relationships, and provide excellent customer technical support within the assigned territory. This position is ideal for a “hunter” salesperson who craves autonomy in their day-to-day activities, wants to exercise their creativity in the implementation and execution of new sales and marketing activities, and enjoys working as part of a larger regional team to achieve regional and national sales goals.
The person in this position will manage the sales process in their territory from early account development, marketing and prospecting, to arranging and completing a successful product demonstration, to sales close, post-sale installation and training, and follow up support activities with the assistance of inside sales staff and a local Applications Scientist. In addition, this person will identify, develop, implement and manage additional channels to market, further creating maximum coverage of the assigned territory. The ideal candidate will have laboratory equipment sales experience with a history of achieving or exceeding sales goals and laboratory work experience in biology, bioengineering, or a related field.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Develops and executes strategies to exceed target sales/revenue quota
- Provides accurate forecast information for the business
- Manages existing customer relationships and identifies new opportunities to build sales pipeline; lead generating activities may include cold calling and trade show attendance
- Understand potential customer’s research goals to successfully positions products to meet customer needs in a competitively-differentiated fashion; effectively communicates value proposition to minimise discounting
- Manage sales funnel process (identify, contact, present, negotiate, close) and record activities, opportunities, contacts etc. in the company CRM system.
- A Hunter who understands customer needs and can map our products value proposition to those needs. Understanding of landing and expanding our customer base.
- Work within a team environment to collate materials for the customer including technical data and ensure there is a line of communication with the applications team
- Uses strong interpersonal skills to develop and maintain customer relationships & demonstrate the concept of key account management
- Attendance at key conferences, trade shows and symposia, when required
- Organise and execute, either personally or through a FAS, technical customer presentations, demonstrations and/or proof activities that addresses customer’s needs, questions, and concerns with the aim to win business
- Report projected sales using company templates in a timely and accurate manner
- Generation of detailed countrywide and account wide maps to ensure a focused business approach to the markets
- Contributes to marketing and application development activities
- Communicate market trends, industry news, product information and ideas to marketing
- Contribute to and communicate with the regional team to share insights, achievements, best practices and learning opportunities
- Stay updated on all relevant procedures and processes (SOPs) linked to the role as defined by Nexcelom. The employee is also responsible to report back to management if these processes need to be updated.
- Report and document relevant information on customer activity in information managements systems and to other functions within Sales & Marketing department.
- Address client queries/complaints within ISO standard processes
- Administration as required, e.g. quotations, monthly reports, prospects/pipeline report, daily meetings
- Other tasks as assigned by senior management
- B.Sc. or higher degree with lab experience in cell biology, immunology, molecular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering or related field and relevant work experience may be considered. Advanced degree would be a plus.
- Demonstrated results in exceeding sales target consistently in Life sciences. Focus on Capital equipment and consumables preferred. Drive & dedication to become an expert on company products, customer needs, and market competition
- Ability to interact at multiple levels in the life sciences with a strong focus pharmaceutical, and biotechnology communities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; person in this role will be able to clearly communicate complex information to customers and colleagues
- General knowledge of cell-biology and biochemistry processes, as well as familiarity with aspects of microscope imaging, flow cytometry, image analysis and customer drivers, cell-based assays is a plus.
- Experience in the following areas is considered a plus: cell biology, cell culture, flow cytometry and cell-based assays.
- Experience within Life Science industry, preferably with analytical platforms. Previous Capital equipment sales experience.
- Good analytical skills and the ability to understand customer problems and move the problem toward solution
- A self-starter, Hunter, a learner with high integrity always focused on our customer.
- Well-organised; capable of managing multiple tasks and keeping detailed records
- Flexibility to travel and work additional hours if needed
- Experience in the Netherlands is a plus.
- Travel is approximately Ability to travel extensively, 50-75%, within the assigned region and internationally.
No Recruiters or solicitors please
Nexcelom is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against an applicant or employee because of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.
The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position