EACR Conference Series- Goodbye Flat Biology: In Vivo Inspired Cancer Biology and Therapy
9-12 September 2018 | Berlin, Germany
- Somaieh Hedayat, The Institute of Cancer Research, UK “Patients derived organoids (PDOs) to model therapy response ex vivo“Somaieh Hedayat is working towards a PhD on how the tissue microenvironment can affect the response of metastatic colorectal cancer cells to antiangiogenic therapies. Prior to beginning her PhD, she spent 10 years working as a Higher Scientific Officer (HSO) in the Drug Discovery Unit on target validation and cancer biomarker projects. After gaining experience in in vivo and ex vivo biology, she decided to adjust her career path slightly and in 2016 embarked on a PhD.
- Muge Sarper, The Institute of Cancer Research, UK “Large-scale phenotypic drug screen on biomimetic 3D models”Muge Sarper. I have done my PhD in Barts Cancer Institute with Prof Louise Jones. I studied how microenvironment-derived cues influence breast cancer progression and established one of the first 3D models of pre-invasive breast cancer. Then I moved to Imperial College London for a bioengineering postdoc. I worked on pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (PDAC) mechanobiology and generated biomimetic 3D tools to study cancer cell-stroma interactions and biophysical properties. I have joined ICR in November 2016. I have developed PDAC multicellular models for a phenotypic high throughput screen and so far screened 12288 annotated compounds. This will allow identifications of novel targets and therefore landscaping new biology in PDAC.
22nd Annual Merck Technology Symposium
- High-throughput foci counting of viral titer and antibody neutralization assays using the Celigo Image Cytometer for developing a novel cross-reactive influenza vaccine
- Long-term time-course monitoring of NK cell-mediated ADCC using the Celigo Image Cytometer
- A high-throughput 3D tumor spheroid screening method for drug discovery using imaging cytometry
August 27-31, 2018 | Boston, MA
“Join over 600 thought leaders at industry’s leading Immuno-Oncology event and learn about the latest research in a comprehensive 12-track program, network and build lasting collaborations with an international mix of delegates from industry and academia, and gain actionable solutions to drive your organization’s next-generation immunotherapy programs.” – www.immuno-oncologysummit.com
Brewing Summit 2018
August 12-15, 2018 | San Diego, CA
“It’s been a busy four years and we’re excited to see you all in sunny San Diego for Brewing Summit 2018! Master Brewers and ASBC join forces to bring you the most extensive lineup of leaders in the beer brewing industry. Discover all the latest insights and innovations—with engineering insights, new developments in quality procedures, recipes to try, technical sessions, networking events, and more. Whether you’re currently working as a craft brewer or just starting out in your field, there are plenty of opportunities to advance your scope of technical knowledge at Brewing Summit 2018.” – www.mbaa.com
June 27 – 29 | Atlanta, GA
World Preclinical Congress
June 19-21, 2018 | Boston, MA
Booth # 401
Presentation: A novel high-throughput multi-parametric drug screening method for 3D tumor spheroids using Celigo image cytometer
Dr. Leo Chan
Wednesday, June 20, 9:30
Track: Tumoroids for Oncology Research
Biomarker & Immuno-Oncology World Congress
June 11-13, 2018 | Boston, MA
Live Webinar: “Patients derived organoids (PDOs) to model therapy response ex vivo”
Join us on Thursday, June 7th for an informational webinar by Somaieh Hedayat of The Institute of Cancer Research. She will discuss different approaches to recapitulate the metastatic niche and compare PDOs drug responses observed in the laboratory ex vivo with clinical responses observed in patients and how those techniques will allow the study of PDO drug responses in the pre-clinical setting strengthening their value as a platform for drug screening, discovery and development.
About Somaieh Hedayat: Somaieh Hedayat is working towards a PhD on how the tissue microenvironment can affect the response of metastatic colorectal cancer cells to antiangiogenic therapies. Prior to beginning her PhD, she spent 10 years working as a Higher Scientific Officer (HSO) in the Drug Discovery Unit on target validation and cancer biomarker projects. After gaining experience in in vivo and ex vivo biology, she decided to adjust her career path slightly and in 2016 embarked on a PhD.
Join Us in San Diego at SLAS2018
Come see the Celigo Image Cytometer in action!
New software, reagents and automation.
Visit Booth #318, and discover how Imaging Cytometry can improve your lab’s workflow and increase its capabilities.
The new Celigo Platform provides you with modular instrumentation and automation options, as well as, complementing reagent kits enabling you to run high-throughput cellular analysis for multiple applications including:
Cell line development, Virology, Immune-oncology, Cell counting, 3D spheroid and organoid analysis, Migration and invasion, iPSC reprograming, Fluorescent functional assays.
Come See Our Poster Presentations:
- Real-time kinetic viability and apoptosis detection and screening of 3D multicellular tumor spheroids using the Image Cytometer
Presented by: Olivier Déry, PhD., Nexcelom Bioscience
Poster # 1046-B
Monday, February 5 | 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- A novel image cytometric analysis method for T cell-mediated cytotoxicity of 3D tumor spheroids
Presented by: Olivier Déry, PhD., Nexcelom Bioscience
Poster # 1099-E
Wednesday, February 7 | 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM