Careers and Opportunities at Nexcelom Bioscience
What is it like to work at Nexcelom Bioscience?
At Nexcelom Bioscience, we design, develop, manufacture and market innovative instruments and devices for cell-based assays. We combine the most advanced product engineering, material science, polymer manufacturing technologies, optical materials, and device design to provide a new generation of assay devices that provide new tools for cell-based assays. A strong and growing interdisciplinary team works in a highly dynamic and customer focused environment. Nexcelom Bioscience offers a competitive compensation package with benefits such as medical and dental insurance, 401k plan, and paid time off.
Nexcelom is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Maryland based Field Application Scientist
San Diego based Field Application Scientist
Boston based Application Scientist
Please send your inquiry and cv/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Description: Field Application Scientist
PURPOSE AND SCOPE
Seeking well-trained scientist who is technically strong to collaborate with and support territory business, give demonstrations and technology seminars, install instruments, and provide in-field technical support and customer service. Must be willing to roll up sleeves to help customers set up experiments and analyze data, and have the drive and ability to network and make connections to identify prospects and propagate Nexcelom technology and products.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES
- Conduct product demonstrations at customer sites and remotely
- Perform instrument installations and train customers remotely and at customer sites
- Present Nexcelom technology and applications at various scientific seminars and conferences
- Collaborate with territory sales manager for local prospecting activities
- Participate in local vendor shows to develop local contacts
- Collaborate with territory sales manager and customers to resolve product issues
- Participate in national and regional trade show activities as needed
- Collect feedback from the field and document all detailed info to improve Cellometer and Celigo products and applications
- Generate technical demonstration reports as well as customer interaction memos
- Keep good records of technical reports and customer interaction information
- Attend company organized internal and external technical training, sales skill training, and career development training
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- Candidates must have strong communication skills with the ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Candidates must be self-motivated, extremely organized, and able to complete tasks in a timely and autonomous manner.
- Experience with cell biology, cell culture, and cell-based assay development are required
- Expertise in either of the following areas is required: hands-on experience with either fluorescence microscopy or flow cytometry.
- Expertise in either of the following areas is considered a plus: fluorescent immunocytochemistry and protein chemistry experience.
- Computer software experience for image or flow-based analysis, data acquisition, and interpreting experimental results is preferred.
- Working experience in biology labs is required.
- Familiarity with biological material and safety protocols, including knowledge of GMP/GLP requirements and criteria.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Experience in customer service in a sales environment is preferred.
- Ability to problem solve is a must.
- Previous experience as a field application scientist or in a customer facing role is highly preferred.
Job Description: Service Engineer
Nexcelom Bioscience has an opening for a Field Service Engineer. The Field Service Engineer’s duties are wide-ranging and include: Maintenance, repair and calibration of Nexcelom products principally at customer sites and at Nexcelom facilities or other locations as needed. Provides technical support directly to customers via remote support (Email phone etc). Collaborating with team members to find innovative solutions and provide technical expertise. The successful candidate must be responsive to the needs of customers and colleagues, comfortable communicating technical issues to lab managers and scientists. and is passionate about Field Service Engineering. This individual can thrive in a dynamic work environment with multifunctional teams as well as function independently and must be able to meet time-sensitive deadlines in addition to being adaptable to rapidly changing priorities.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES / ACTIVITIES
- Perform service activities, including product maintenance, repair, calibration and installation
- Conduct debugging and root cause failure analysis
- Document activities
- Actively represent Service department on product development and technical support teams
- Recommend product improvements based on internal and field experiences
- Expected travel up to approximately 60%. Primarily the continental US with occasional international travel, typically on short notice.
- Abide by Nexcelom policies and procedures
- 2-year degree or equivalent in an engineering discipline
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with computers and computer hardware, experience with Windows-based operating systems
- Ability to debug electromechanical systems and to conduct root cause failure analysis
- Experience working in a traveling/servicing role
- Knowledgeable using test equipment such as Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, Micrometers etc.
- Strong ability and proven track record of problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively with teams to accomplish organizational goals
- Can expect to occasionally lift objects up to 60 lbs.